Code 7: Cracking the Code for an Epic Life: (funny, fast-paced chapter book for young readers age 6-10)
This holiday season, bring kids back to reading and help them crack the code to an epic life!
Kid-Tested, Parent and Teacher Approved.
Mom’s Choice Gold Award Winner
Royal Dragonfly Award Winner
Wishing Shelf Award Winner
Age Level: 6 and up | Grade Level: 1 and up
Guided Reading Level: H-M | Lexile® Measure: 500L – 600L
From the best-selling award-winning author of The Proto Project by Bryan R. Johnson
Life at Flint Hill Elementary School may seem normal, but seven friends find themselves on a path to crack the code for an epic life. Whether they’re chasing their dreams on stage, searching for an elusive monster fish, or running a makeshift business out of a treehouse, can these heroes find a way to work together to change their community?
“Code 7 engages kids through entertaining stories that reveal important insights about character, integrity, and social responsibility. This book is an inspiration to children who wish to pursue their passions and bring original ideas into the world.” – Adam Grant, NYTBS New York Times bestselling author
- Features diverse girl and boy characters with seven short stories that culminate in a clever twist
- Can be read independently by young readers, ages 8-10 (3rd, 4th and 5th grade)
- Great as part of your bedtime stories routine for kids ages 6-8 who love early/easy readers and are ready to tackle chapter books (1st, 2nd and 3rd grade)
- Perfect for children who are growing out of picture books and enjoy series books and chapter books with spot illustrations
- Makes a wonderful gift for anyone looking for fun, meaningful reading that is not related to video games, TV shows, or movies
“I read this to my [7 year old] son (bedtime routine) over the course of a week and we both loved each of the chapters. Definitely gave my son a good start to chapter books. Highly recommend. :)” – Lili H., Parent ★★★★★
Best for kids who …
- Adore realistic fiction books told with humor and tall-tale flair
- Enjoy stories about friendship, family, and school life
- Can identify with characters who love animals like dogs, cats, and baby chicks; enjoy singing, drawing, acting, sports, the outdoors, and even running makeshift businesses on the side!
- Can relate to situations like wanting something badly, but not being able to get it; feeling bullied by other kids at school; struggling with household responsibilities like cleaning one’s room; and longing to pursue one’s passions
- A contemporary classic for children who love popular beginner readers and chapter books like Mercy Watson, Judy Moody, Boxcar Children, Magic Treehouse, Dog Man, Wayside School, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, American Girl and anything for this age group by James Patterson, Kate Dicamillo, Katherine Applegate, Beverly Cleary, or Roald Dahl.
“It kept my daughter wanting to read more and more to guess the code. It promoted the love for literature.” – CamzM, Parent ★★★★★
Great for gift-givers, parents, and educators looking for …
- Entertaining stories with themes based on strong values
- Funny, heartwarming stories that emphasize a growth mindset, teamwork, and community
- Books for kids that encourage discussion about kindness, perseverance, integrity, friendship, identity, self-reliance, and self-worth
- Children’s books that feature relatable characters in various situations at home and at school to promote understanding and empathy for others